Southport attack witnesses describe horrific scenes

Southport attack witnesses describe horrific scenes Southport stabbings: Nobody can believe it, says local nurse Warning – this article contains details some may find distressing. Eyewitnesses have spoken of horrific scenes in the aftermath of the Southport attack, with one describing it as the “worst thing I’ve seen in my life”. Two children died and
Southport attack witnesses describe horrific scenes

Southport attack witnesses describe horrific scenes

Southport stabbings: Nobody can believe it, says local nurse

Warning – this article contains details some may find distressing.

Eyewitnesses have spoken of horrific scenes in the aftermath of the Southport attack, with one describing it as the “worst thing I’ve seen in my life”.

Two children died and nine suffered critical injuries in a knife attack on a Taylor Swift-themed dance class on Monday, prompting a local children’s hospital to declare a major incident. Two adults were also critically injured.

Colin Parry, owner of Masters Vehicle Body Repairs, which is next to where the workshop was being held, told BBC 5Live he was first aware of a commotion because a young man in a face mask was refusing to pay a taxi driver.

He said he and a customer confronted the man but that he asked them, “What are you going to do?”, and walked off.

A 17-year-old boy, from Banks in Lancashire, has been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder.

Mr Parry said he went back to work but then received a call from an employee who had gone to the building next door because he heard children screaming, “and not like a normal play scream”.

“We all ran out and there’s young kids, all bleeding,” Mr Parry said.

He said many of the children were then ushered into a nearby home and that the scene outside was “mayhem”.

“It was the worst thing I’ve seen ever in my life,” he said.

“Why? Why would you do these things to these kids? It’s horrific.”

Mr Parry also told the PA news agency that he had heard mothers arriving on the street “screaming” and that it was “like a scene from a horror movie”.

Multiple people reported seeing several young children bleeding in the road after being stabbed.

Photos from the scene after the attack showed a police cordon on the street as well as large numbers of emergency service vehicles and personnel.

Forensic workers could also be seen in white hazmat suits.

Reuters Forensic workers in hazmat suits at the seen of a stabbing attack in Southport. In the foreground of the image is police tape.Reuters

Tim Johnson, a journalist with Eye on Southport, arrived about 20 minutes after the police had been called and said he saw one young girl on a stretcher.

“Her parents were running after her. It was horrendous. I’ve never seen anything like it,” he told the BBC.

“I saw ambulance men and women in tears. People were in tears in the streets.”

Ryan Carney, who lives on the street with his mother, said she was at home when she heard screaming and crying on the street.

She went outside to see a woman being allowed through the cordon by police as she tried to find her child.

One local parent who did not want to be named said his daughter had been present at the attack but had managed to run away.

He said she was safe but had been left “traumatised”.

PA Police officers stand in a huddle talking behind a barrier of tape at the scene of the stabbing.PA

Therapy nurse Joanne Newman, who lives in the area, said she had run out of work after hearing about the incident from a friend.

She said her daughters had not been harmed in the attack but that one had heard a “sinister scream” around the time of the attack.

“Nobody can believe it. All the local mums have checked in with one another,” she said.

She added that she had been consoling the mothers of one of the children who had been injured.

“How do you even comprehend? There’s nothing you can do,” she said.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Homeless people say they will likely return to sites if California clears them under Newsom’s order
Read More

Homeless people say they will likely return to sites if California clears them under Newsom’s order

A day after California Gov. Gavin Newsom issued an executive order directing state agencies to start clearing homeless encampments on state land, including lots under freeways, the homeless people living in these encampments are wondering where else they could go Homeless people say they will likely return to sites if California clears them under Newsom’s
Does this shocking video clear shamed policeman? Now senior cops rally around Manchester officer after video shows man appearing to punch two policewomen to the ground
Read More

Does this shocking video clear shamed policeman? Now senior cops rally around Manchester officer after video shows man appearing to punch two policewomen to the ground

A policeman filmed kicking a teenager in the head won widespread backing yesterday after footage emerged of the shocking attack on his colleagues just moments earlier.  One former police and crime commissioner said it was now clear that he had been 'frankly the hero' of the situation, while an ex-armed response sergeant said his suspension
Summer COVID Surge: Cases Rise In 25 States—But New Vaccines On The Way
Read More

Summer COVID Surge: Cases Rise In 25 States—But New Vaccines On The Way

Forbes Business Breaking Summer COVID Surge: Cases Rise In 25 States—But New Vaccines On The Way Mary Whitfill Roeloffs Forbes Staff Mary Roeloffs is a Forbes breaking news reporter covering pop culture. Following Aug 18, 2024, 12:03pm EDT Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin Topline A summer COVID-19 surge has led to
Missile attack by Yemen’s Houthi rebels hits container ship in first attack in 2 weeks
Read More

Missile attack by Yemen’s Houthi rebels hits container ship in first attack in 2 weeks

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — A missile attack by Yemen’s Houthi rebels struck a Liberian-flagged container ship traveling through the Gulf of Aden, authorities said Sunday, the first assault by the group since Israeli airstrikes targeted them. The Houthis offered no explanation for the two-week pause in their attacks on shipping through the Red Sea corridor, which