Two Australian tourists are attacked while in France to watch the Olympics – days after Aussie woman was gang raped in Paris

Two Australians have been attacked while in France to watch the Olympics. The pair were near Saint-Charles station in Marseille when they were set upon by two men, according to Le Journal du Dimanche.  One of the Australians was punched in the stomach before the muggers made off with the tourists’ luggage. Inside the suitcases
Two Australian tourists are attacked while in France to watch the Olympics – days after Aussie woman was gang raped in Paris

Two Australians have been attacked while in France to watch the Olympics.

The pair were near Saint-Charles station in Marseille when they were set upon by two men, according to Le Journal du Dimanche

One of the Australians was punched in the stomach before the muggers made off with the tourists’ luggage.

Inside the suitcases were a Rolex watch, a drone, two laptops, a phone, two cameras, a table and luxury leather goods, as well as €200 ($330) in cash and several bank cards.

Police are now investigating. 

The attack comes a week after an Australian woman was gang raped in Paris on the even of the Games beginning.

French authorities launched a major investigation into the brazen sexual assault, which took place in the early hours of Saturday morning in the northern Pigalle district.

The women had spent Friday night drinking in the bars and clubs around the Moulin Rouge cabaret before the men approached her in an unspecified location.

The pair were near Saint-Charles station in Marseille when they were set upon by two men on this street

The pair were near Saint-Charles station in Marseille when they were set upon by two men on this street

She told police she was set upon by a pack of five men ‘of African appearance’ and brutally raped at about 5am before escaping and seeking safety in the nearby Dounia kebab shop.

CCTV footage from the late-night Lebanese food restaurant, located on the Boulevard de Clinchy in the city’s 18th arrondissement, shows the terrified 25-year-old cowering in the shop and begging the owners for help as staff and fellow patrons try in vain to comfort her.

A man then enters the kebab shop, only for the woman to gesture that he was a member of the group that had attacked her only moments ago.

The alleged rapist then approaches her and pats her on the back before placing an order for some food.

A diner then confronts the alleged rapist, taking a swing as staff jump in to break them up. The man then leaves the restaurant.

Harrowing security vision has captured the moment a visibly distressed Australian woman sought refuge inside a Paris kebab shop after being allegedly gang raped. People are pictured helping the woman, who is blurred, outside the kebab shop

Harrowing security vision has captured the moment a visibly distressed Australian woman sought refuge inside a Paris kebab shop after being allegedly gang raped. People are pictured helping the woman, who is blurred, outside the kebab shop

Staff and patrons, including several men and a blonde woman in a beige dress, continue to console the woman until police arrive.

Two officers are seen speaking to the woman about the devastating ordeal, before she was then taken to Bichat hospital.

The woman, who was described as having ‘her dress inside out’, also claimed her mobile phone had been stolen.

The woman was said to be ‘disoriented and unable to speak a word of French’ as she told police what had happened. She was reportedly unable to give details on the exact place or circumstances surrounding the attack. 

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Yvette Cooper warns hostile states could be ‘amplifying’ hate-filled social media posts whipping up rioters as Home Secretary piles fresh pressure on firms to crackdown on misinformation
Read More

Yvette Cooper warns hostile states could be ‘amplifying’ hate-filled social media posts whipping up rioters as Home Secretary piles fresh pressure on firms to crackdown on misinformation

Yvette Cooper today warned hostile states may be 'amplifying' online misinformation blamed for whipping up riots in the wake of the Southport stabbing attack. The Home Secretary did not rule out foreign interference as one of the factors behind the outbreak of violent disorder on Britain's streets. But, following a fresh night of chaos across
Injuries & Moves: Rosario DFA’d; Dunshee, White called upInjuries & Moves: Rosario DFA’d; Dunshee, White called up
Read More

Injuries & Moves: Rosario DFA’d; Dunshee, White called upInjuries & Moves: Rosario DFA’d; Dunshee, White called up

Injuries & Moves: Rosario DFA'd; Dunshee, White called up 2:22 PM UTC MLB.com Share share-square-122926 LATEST NEWS Aug. 8: RHP Parker Dunshee selected to MLB roster; OF Eli White recalled from Triple-A Gwinnett; LHP Dylan Dodd optioned to Triple-A; OF Eddie Rosario designated for assignment Rosario's second run with the Braves was short-lived after the
Manchester Airport police officer faces criminal investigation for assault after teenager was kicked in the head ‘like a football’ in violent arrest that sparked protests
Read More

Manchester Airport police officer faces criminal investigation for assault after teenager was kicked in the head ‘like a football’ in violent arrest that sparked protests

The police officer who kicked a man in the head at Manchester Airport is now under criminal investigation over the force used during the incident on Tuesday. The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) watchdog said it had notified the Greater Manchester Police officer that he is facing a criminal probe for assault. He has