NYC Comptroller Brad Lander officially announces mayoral bid against Adams

Lefty New York City Comptroller Brad Lander officially announced his mayoral run on Tuesday as he looks to defeat Mayor Eric Adams in next year’s Democratic primary. Lander, who was voted comptroller the same year Adams won his mayoral bid, declared his candidacy in a campaign video Tuesday morning. “Nothing can replace New York City

Lefty New York City Comptroller Brad Lander officially announced his mayoral run on Tuesday as he looks to defeat Mayor Eric Adams in next year’s Democratic primary.

Lander, who was voted comptroller the same year Adams won his mayoral bid, declared his candidacy in a campaign video Tuesday morning.

“Nothing can replace New York City but we can replace a leader when they fail the basic test of the job,” Lander said criticizing Adams.

“It’s time for strong experienced leadership that delivers real results, time to deliver fairness and safety to build a more affordable, livable city.”

The announcement comes after Lander, 55, told key donors he was running for the post, sources said last month.

Brad Lander and Eric Adams
Lander and Adams before the comptroller considered a run against the mayor. Paul Martinka

Lander jumped in the race as other potential candidates are exploring runs against Adams, including state Sen. Zellnor Myrie, former city comptroller Scott Stringer and Queens Assemblyman Zohran Mamdani.

Ex-governor Andrew Cuomo paid a polling firm nearly $80,000 this year to test his popularity as he considered a political comeback – including a possible run for mayor, The Post reported this month.

Lander, who served as Brooklyn councilman before his current gig, has been an oft critic of Adams’ administration since the two took their citywide offices.

Adams has faced woeful approval ratings in recent months as the city deals with an ongoing migrant crisis and as a federal investigation looms over his campaign. 

The Democratic primary is next June.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
EXCLUSIVE’This is my calling’: Video reveals hate cleric’s follower roaming on remote Scottish island in bid to raise £3.5million donations and turn it into Islamic homeland ‘for all believers’
Read More

EXCLUSIVE’This is my calling’: Video reveals hate cleric’s follower roaming on remote Scottish island in bid to raise £3.5million donations and turn it into Islamic homeland ‘for all believers’

Videos have emerged documenting a radical cleric's plan to buy a small British island off the Scottish coast and turn it into an Islamic state which will provide a home 'for all believers'. Sheikh Yasser al-Habib, 45, told his followers 'this is my calling' as he urged them to donate even more money to his
EXCLUSIVEThe heartbreaking reason why Taiwan’s Lin Yu-Ting took up boxing before being stripped of medal over failed gender test: Two-time world champion learned sport to protect her mother from domestic abuse
Read More

EXCLUSIVEThe heartbreaking reason why Taiwan’s Lin Yu-Ting took up boxing before being stripped of medal over failed gender test: Two-time world champion learned sport to protect her mother from domestic abuse

Controversial Taiwanese female boxer Lin Yu-Ting took up the sport to protect her mother from domestic violence, MailOnline can reveal. The two-time world champion boxer stepped into the ring to fight Uzbekistan's Sitora Turdibekova on Friday.  The clash between Lin, 28, and Turdibekova, 22, has sparked controversy after Lin failed a gender eligibility test at last year's World
‘Tire whisperer’ Russell holds off Hamilton for Mercedes 1-2 in Belgium but faces car weight inquiry
Read More

‘Tire whisperer’ Russell holds off Hamilton for Mercedes 1-2 in Belgium but faces car weight inquiry

George Russell has led a Mercedes one-two with Lewis Hamilton at Formula 1’s Belgian Grand Prix ‘Tire whisperer’ Russell holds off Hamilton for Mercedes 1-2 in Belgium but faces car weight inquiryThe Associated PressSPA-FRANCORCHAMPS, Belgium SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS, Belgium (AP) — George Russell led a Mercedes one-two with Lewis Hamilton at the Belgian Grand Prix after pulling
Trump tears into Meta and Google for censoring bloody picture of his attempted assassination – as social media users point out Kamala Harris’ name pops up FIRST when doing internet search for him
Read More

Trump tears into Meta and Google for censoring bloody picture of his attempted assassination – as social media users point out Kamala Harris’ name pops up FIRST when doing internet search for him

Donald Trump is lashing out at Facebook and Google after Facebook admitted an image of the ex-president following the assassination attempt was mistakenly censored by the social media platform.  'Facebook has just admitted that it wrongly censored the Trump “attempted assassination photo,” and got caught,' the Republican presidential nominee posted on social media on Tuesday.