Dad charged with dumping daughter, 10, on the highway after family fight

A cold-hearted Florida dad is charged with dumping his 10-year-old daughter on the side of a busy road in the middle of the night, according to authorities. Hector Serrano, 30, faces child neglect charges for leaving the frightened girl on the side of US Route 192 in Kissimmee around 12:30 a.m. Monday, WESH-TV News reported.

A cold-hearted Florida dad is charged with dumping his 10-year-old daughter on the side of a busy road in the middle of the night, according to authorities.

Hector Serrano, 30, faces child neglect charges for leaving the frightened girl on the side of US Route 192 in Kissimmee around 12:30 a.m. Monday, WESH-TV News reported.

Serrano allegedly got into a beef with the girl’s grandparents before he booted her from the car.

Child neglect suspect Hector Serrano.
Hector Serrano, 30, is charged with child neglect for leaving his 10-year-old daughter on the side of the road in the middle of the night. Osceola County Sheriff

“Something bad could’ve happened to the little girl,” Osceola County Sheriff Marco Lopez told the outlet. “Anybody could’ve kidnapped her. She could’ve become a victim to human trafficking.

“Mind you, this area is about 21 minutes from Grandma’s house,” Lopez added. “Wolves exist, predators exist. You know, you throw a little 10-year-old girl out in an area like that, it doesn’t matter what time of the morning or day it is, that’s a reckless, irresponsible act.” 

One witness told deputies that Serrano tossed the youngster’s toys and clothes at her on the side of the road before speeding off and leaving her in the dark.  

“Even the witnesses say she was scared, distraught, crying, confused,” Lopez said. “I would’ve been too if someone would’ve thrown me out at that age.” 

Deputies tracked Serrano down shortly after the incident and arrested him.

He is facing charges of child neglect as the Department of Children and Families gets involved.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Nissan shares plunge after profit warning
Read More

Nissan shares plunge after profit warning

Nissan tumbled more than 10 percent on Thursday after the Japanese automaker issued a profit warning, citing “intense sales competition”, especially in the United States. The company and its domestic rivals are also struggling to stand their ground in China’s market as fast-growing electric vehicle firms backed by Beijing race ahead. Net profit in the
Jay Slater’s final cause of death is revealed following a post-mortem after the 19-year-old’s body was flown back to Britain ahead of his funeral this week
Read More

Jay Slater’s final cause of death is revealed following a post-mortem after the 19-year-old’s body was flown back to Britain ahead of his funeral this week

Jay Slater's final cause of death has been revealed following a post-mortem after his body was returned to Britain. The body of the 19-year-old, from Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, who died on June 17, was returned to the UK last week. A post-mortem examination found he died of traumatic head injuries, consistent with a fall from height. His