Urgent manhunt underway after two shootings and house inferno in south-west Sydney police suspect are linked

A major police manhunt is underway after two men were shot in a suspected ‘targeted attack’ in southwestern Sydney on Saturday morning. A 29-year-old Oran Park man was found with gunshot wounds to his head and right shoulder at Highfield Park at Claymore at about 9.30am, with police and paramedics racing to the scene. A
Urgent manhunt underway after two shootings and house inferno in south-west Sydney police suspect are linked

A major police manhunt is underway after two men were shot in a suspected ‘targeted attack’ in southwestern Sydney on Saturday morning.

A 29-year-old Oran Park man was found with gunshot wounds to his head and right shoulder at Highfield Park at Claymore at about 9.30am, with police and paramedics racing to the scene.

A short time earlier, police were also called to a nearby shop responding to reports a man had been shot in the shoulder before going in search of help.

Both men were treated by paramedics and rushed to Liverpool Hospital.

The 29-year-old man was on Saturday afternoon undergoing surgery and fighting for his life in a critical condition.

The other victim, a 31-year-old man from Minto, was on Saturday afternoon in a stable condition and being assessed.

Police said they were now searching for two men of Pacific Islander or Maori appearance who were seen in the park at the same time.

Police are also probing possible links to a separate incident at Minto on Friday night when a home was set on fire.

A 29-year-old Oran Park man was found with gunshot wounds to his head and right shoulder at Highfield Park at Claymore at about 9.30am, with police and paramedics racing to the scene

A 29-year-old Oran Park man was found with gunshot wounds to his head and right shoulder at Highfield Park at Claymore at about 9.30am, with police and paramedics racing to the scene

Police are investigating whether a house blaze at Minto (pictured) is linked to the shootings

Police are investigating whether a house blaze at Minto (pictured) is linked to the shootings

 The property’s front porch was set on fire and when a 59-year-old man went to investigate, he was assaulted with a metal pole, police said.

The front lounge room of the home was damaged when it was set alight, with NSW Fire and Rescue workers extinguishing the blaze.

The 59-year-old man was treated by paramedics and taken to hospital in a stable condition.

Police are appealing to speak to any witnesses, particularly anyone who was in the Highfield Park reserve between 9am and 10am.

‘This type of senseless violence has major consequences and it’s not just for the safety of the people involved, it’s the safety of the community,’ Superintendent Grant Healey said.

‘At 9.30 in the morning at a park in a residential suburb, this reckless disregard for everybody’s safety, we’ll fully investigate and put those people before the courts.’

Police said they had yet to speak to the two victims and were investigating possible motives.

‘This is a targeted attack – these are people who deliberately went out for some other people,’ Superintendent Healey said.

Police said the shootings were deliberate and targetted attacks

Police said the shootings were deliberate and targetted attacks 

Those responsible are yet to be apprehended sparking a major manhunt

Those responsible are yet to be apprehended sparking a major manhunt 

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Serena Williams’ 2 Children: All About Olympia and Adira
Read More

Serena Williams’ 2 Children: All About Olympia and Adira

Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian are the proud parents of two daughters. The couple welcomed their first daughter, Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr., who goes by Olympia, in September 2017. They expanded their family five years later when Williams gave birth to their younger daughter, Adira River Ohanian, in August 2023. Alexis Ohanian, Serena Williams, and
Stewart out for season, Ryan out indefinitely in blow to TwinsStewart out for season, Ryan out indefinitely in blow to Twins
Read More

Stewart out for season, Ryan out indefinitely in blow to TwinsStewart out for season, Ryan out indefinitely in blow to Twins

Stewart out for season, Ryan out indefinitely in blow to Twins August 9th, 2024 Do-Hyoung Park @dohyoungpark Share share-square-456464 MINNEAPOLIS -- The Twins were slated to play not one, but two division race-defining games on Friday. And ahead of arguably their most important games of the regular season to this point, they took not one
‘This is a special place’: Hill grateful for chance to return to Boston’This is a special place’: Hill grateful for chance to return to Boston
Read More

‘This is a special place’: Hill grateful for chance to return to Boston’This is a special place’: Hill grateful for chance to return to Boston

'This is a special place': Hill grateful for chance to return to Boston August 19th, 2024 Ian Browne @IanMBrowne Share share-square-507262 This story was excerpted from Ian Browne’s Red Sox Beat newsletter. To read the full newsletter, click here. And subscribe to get it regularly in your inbox. BOSTON -- Rich Hill is coming home.