2 killed in stabbing attack in Israeli city of Holon

CNN  —  Two people have been killed in a stabbing attack in the Israeli city of Holon, near Tel Aviv, medical officials have said. The two killed were a 66-year-old woman and an “approximately 80-year-old man,” medical officials said. Two others were injured. Police said the attacker was a West Bank resident and was “neutralized”
2 killed in stabbing attack in Israeli city of Holon


CNN
 — 

Two people have been killed in a stabbing attack in the Israeli city of Holon, near Tel Aviv, medical officials have said.

The two killed were a 66-year-old woman and an “approximately 80-year-old man,” medical officials said. Two others were injured.

Police said the attacker was a West Bank resident and was “neutralized” at the scene. He was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital.

A large police presence is at the scene conducting “extensive searches with a helicopter and other means,” a police spokesperson added.

Israel's National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir called for Israelis to arm themselves following the attack.

Israel’s Minister for State Security, Itamar Ben-Gvir, visited the site of the attack and repeated a call for Israelis to arm themselves.

“I share in the grief of the families and wish a full recovery to the wounded. Our war is not only against Iran, but here in the streets. This is exactly why we armed the people of Israel. More than 150,000 licenses for weapons in the last eight months,” he said, urging people to “carry a weapon, it saves lives.”

Palestinian militant groups celebrated the attack in Holon with the Popular Resistance Committees, an umbrella organisation of armed groups, and the Al-Qassam Brigades posting messages of support on their social media channels.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Damaging scandal that’s engulfed progressive Oakland Mayor Sheng Thao deepens as shocking new detail emerges about FBI raid on her home
Read More

Damaging scandal that’s engulfed progressive Oakland Mayor Sheng Thao deepens as shocking new detail emerges about FBI raid on her home

Feds who raided Oakland Mayor Sheng Thao's home last month left behind a phone belonging to her partner Andre Jones, it's been revealed. The fact was first reported by The San Francisco Chronicle, after it was already revealed that agents left behind the mayor's cellphone and her personal computer. Within five days, a federal grand
US scraps plea deal with 9/11 mastermind
Read More

US scraps plea deal with 9/11 mastermind

US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Friday scrapped a plea agreement with 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, just two days after the announcement of a deal that reportedly would have taken the death penalty off the table. Deals with Mohammed and two alleged accomplices announced Wednesday had appeared to have moved their long-running cases toward
‘Special’ Witt blasts two dingers, gets serenaded with ‘MVP’ chants’Special’ Witt blasts two dingers, gets serenaded with ‘MVP’ chants
Read More

‘Special’ Witt blasts two dingers, gets serenaded with ‘MVP’ chants’Special’ Witt blasts two dingers, gets serenaded with ‘MVP’ chants

'Special' Witt blasts two dingers, gets serenaded with 'MVP' chants 4:32 AM UTC Anne Rogers @anne__rogers Share share-square-687450 KANSAS CITY – Big hits in big games are becoming Bobby Witt Jr.’s thing. The Royals shortstop homered twice and knocked a go-ahead two-run double in the Royals’ 8-4 win over the Red Sox on Wednesday night