BREAKING NEWSLithgow crash: Tragedy as 13-year-old boy dies in horrific collision on the Great Western Highway

A 13-year-old boy has died in a horror smash on the Great Western Highway, as his family remember him as a ‘sweet, funny kid’. Korbin Reid, 13, was with a 24-year-old man when they were both struck by a vehicle in Bowenfels, approximately 3km south of Lithgow, in NSW’s Central Tablelands at 6pm on Friday.
BREAKING NEWSLithgow crash: Tragedy as 13-year-old boy dies in horrific collision on the Great Western Highway

A 13-year-old boy has died in a horror smash on the Great Western Highway, as his family remember him as a ‘sweet, funny kid’.

Korbin Reid, 13, was with a 24-year-old man when they were both struck by a vehicle in Bowenfels, approximately 3km south of Lithgow, in NSW‘s Central Tablelands at 6pm on Friday.

Bystanders performed CPR on the boy until paramedics arrived and rushed him to Lithgow Hospital in a critical condition.

He was airlifted to Westmead Children’s Hospital where he later died, NSW Police said. 

Tributes flowed for the teenager on social media, with his heartbroken mother saying she ‘missed her baby boy’.

‘Mum and dad love you as well as your sisters and brothers,’ she wrote.

Another family remembered him as ‘such a sweet, funny kid’. 

Korbin Reid (pictured), 13, was with a 24-year-old man when they struck by a vehicle in Bowenfels, approximately 3km south of Lithgow, in NSW 's Central Tablelands at 6pm on Friday

Korbin Reid (pictured), 13, was with a 24-year-old man when they struck by a vehicle in Bowenfels, approximately 3km south of Lithgow, in NSW ‘s Central Tablelands at 6pm on Friday

Bystanders performed CPR on the boy until paramedics arrived and rushed him to Lithgow Hospital in a critical condition

Bystanders performed CPR on the boy until paramedics arrived and rushed him to Lithgow Hospital in a critical condition

‘Rest in peace, forever young Korbin,’ wrote another.

The 24-year-old man was treated at the scene for minor injuries.

‘The driver – a 45-year-old man – was uninjured,’ a spokesperson for NSW Police said. 

‘He was taken to Lithgow Hospital for mandatory testing.’

A GoFundMe page, which was set up by family members to ‘ease costs for a beautiful service’, has so far raised over $4,000. 

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
‘I put my life on the line because I loved her’: British hero says he may never walk again after being shot in the spine while using his body to shield his fiancee who was killed in terrifying Brazil hotel robbery
Read More

‘I put my life on the line because I loved her’: British hero says he may never walk again after being shot in the spine while using his body to shield his fiancee who was killed in terrifying Brazil hotel robbery

A British holidaymaker whose Brazilian fiancée was gunned down in a hotel lobby amid a horrific robbery gone wrong has told how he desperately tried to shield her from the oncoming bullets and that he may now never walk again. Philip Donald Eric Gray, 38, has been told by doctors that he could be left