Titan Submersible Crew Member’s Family Files a $50 Million Lawsuit

The family of a French explorer who was aboard the Titan submersible, the vessel that imploded last year during its failed mission to explore the Titanic wreckage, killing all five people aboard, has filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against the craft’s manufacturer, OceanGate Expeditions. Paul-Henri Nargeolet, a French explorer whose deep knowledge of the sunken ship
Titan Submersible Crew Member’s Family Files a $50 Million Lawsuit

The family of a French explorer who was aboard the Titan submersible, the vessel that imploded last year during its failed mission to explore the Titanic wreckage, killing all five people aboard, has filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against the craft’s manufacturer, OceanGate Expeditions.

Paul-Henri Nargeolet, a French explorer whose deep knowledge of the sunken ship earned him the nickname “Mr. Titanic,” was hired to assist OceanGate, a Washington State-based ocean exploration company, during the Titan’s journey to the Titanic.

But the company and its founder, Richard Stockton Rush III, who also died aboard the vessel, misled Mr. Nargeolet about how the submersible was built, according to the lawsuit filed in King County, Wash.

,

“Mr. Rush confessed to a ‘mission specialist’ on one Titanic voyage that he had ‘gotten the carbon fiber used to make the Titan at a big discount from Boeing because it was past its shelf life for use in airplanes,’” according to the lawsuit, which the Houston-based law firms Buzbee Law Firm and Schecter, Shaffer & Harris said was filed on Tuesday.

,

The lawsuit also accuses Mr. Rush of negligence for a variety of reasons, including falsely advertising a “crackling noise” that was said to be an advanced “safety” feature to alert crew members when to abort a mission. In reality, the lawsuit says that sound “is nothing more than the detection of a possibly imminent failure of the carbon fiber hull.”

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Republicans split on whether Biden should be removed from office via the 25th Amendment after Trump comes out AGAINST it because Kamala is ‘worse’
Read More

Republicans split on whether Biden should be removed from office via the 25th Amendment after Trump comes out AGAINST it because Kamala is ‘worse’

Republicans are at odds about whether President Joe Biden should remain in office through the election as doubts about his mental and physical health increase. Since Biden announced he won't be seeking reelection on Sunday, scores of GOP lawmakers have come out saying he needs to be removed from office immediately because he's not fit to serve. They
MAGA Applauds Hints That RFK Jr. May ‘Join Forces’ With Trump
Read More

MAGA Applauds Hints That RFK Jr. May ‘Join Forces’ With Trump

The Make America Great Again movement is celebrating the idea that Robert F. Kennedy Jr. might forfeit his campaign and "join forces" with former president Donald Trump, given recent statements from Kennedy's running mate, Nicole Shanahan. Shanahan made the comments in an interview with media company Impact Theory co-founder Tom Bilyeu that dropped on Tuesday.