Russian Su-34 Supersonic Fighter-Bomber Downed in Kursk: Kyiv

Ukraine “destroyed” a Russian Su-34 supersonic jet over the Kursk region where Kyiv is plugging away with advances after launching a surprise incursion into Russia just over a week ago, according to Ukraine’s military. Ukrainian troops took out the fighter jet, which is one of the more advanced aircraft Moscow has used against Kyiv, on
Russian Su-34 Supersonic Fighter-Bomber Downed in Kursk: Kyiv

Ukraine “destroyed” a Russian Su-34 supersonic jet over the Kursk region where Kyiv is plugging away with advances after launching a surprise incursion into Russia just over a week ago, according to Ukraine’s military.

Ukrainian troops took out the fighter jet, which is one of the more advanced aircraft Moscow has used against Kyiv, on Tuesday evening, Ukraine’s General Staff said in a statement on Wednesday.

A video emerged on Telegram and Twitter early on Wednesday appearing to show a distant fire, claiming it was the location where the debris from the downed jet had landed. Newsweek could not independently verify the footage.

Thousands of Ukrainian troops crossed over into Kursk last week, launching the most significant advance into Russian territory since the start of full-scale war nearly two-and-a-half years ago.

Moscow scrambled to respond, sending reinforcements to the border as Kyiv’s fighters quickly advanced. The Kremlin has repeatedly claimed to have stopped Ukrainian forces gaining ground, but reports from Russia’s influential community of military bloggers, Western experts and Ukrainian officials contradict Moscow’s official line.

This is a breaking story and will be updated shortly.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Trump Campaign: ‘Inappropriate’ to Schedule Debates Until Harris Nomination Official, Democrats ‘Could Still Change Their Minds’
Read More

Trump Campaign: ‘Inappropriate’ to Schedule Debates Until Harris Nomination Official, Democrats ‘Could Still Change Their Minds’

The Trump campaign said on Thursday it would be “inappropriate” to schedule presidential debates so long as the Democrats have any confusion about their prospective nominee. In a statement released on Thursday, Steven Cheung, Trump Campaign Communications Director, said Democrats would need to settle on a nominee before a debate can be agreed upon. “Given the