JD Vance ‘Is in Trouble With Donald Trump’: Former Staffer

A former White House communications director said he believes Ohio Senator JD Vance is “in trouble” with Republican president nominee Donald Trump. Anthony Scaramucci, who worked in the role for just 11 days in July 2017, said he thinks the former president is unhappy with how much attention his running mate is getting. “I’m still
JD Vance ‘Is in Trouble With Donald Trump’: Former Staffer

A former White House communications director said he believes Ohio Senator JD Vance is “in trouble” with Republican president nominee Donald Trump.

Anthony Scaramucci, who worked in the role for just 11 days in July 2017, said he thinks the former president is unhappy with how much attention his running mate is getting.

“I’m still of the position that JD Vance is in trouble with Donald Trump,” Scaramucci, who is now a frequent critic of Trump, told journalist Katty Kay on the podcast The Rest is Politics: US.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump shakes hands with running mate JD Vance at a campaign rally at Georgia State University in Atlanta on August 3. A former White House communications director said he believes Vance… AP

He said Trump “wanted [Vance] to take a backseat. And there’s one thing that people are doing in the media that’s driving Trump crazy about JD Vance—they’re praising him.

“He came out of the Sunday shows and they’re saying: ‘Well JD Vance is on message and he’s saying the right things about the issues and JD Vance is leading the charge for the campaign.’ You can’t do that to JD Vance, because he’ll get blown up.”

Katty Kay cut in and said: “He can’t be the principal. Like Tim Walz, he has to be happy being second.”

Scaramucci agreed “100 percent” and went on to tell a story about a Cabinet official who “remained a very good friend” who said staff members know they are in trouble when Trump calls them “president” or says “You’re getting more famous than me.”

“Now you’re in trouble because now he thinks you’re getting too much publicity,” Scaramucci said. “Too big for your boots.”

Kay said: “I have spent some time this week with some people from the Trump world, and my understanding was that Trump was unhappy about the cat lady comments and the amount of negative attention Vance was getting.

“Apparently, recently he’s been happier because he feels Vance has been going out there as a very good defender of Trump, and maybe Vance is learning that lesson and realizing that when he goes on television he just needs to talk about Donald Trump. and he’s doing that a little better.

“And so, the official line from the campaign is that Trump is happy with Vance. Let’s see if he actually manages to last.”

Steven Cheung, Trump’s spokesperson, told Newsweek: “Nobody is going to listen to someone who barely lasted more time than an expired ham sandwich as White House communications director.”

Newsweek has contacted Vance for comment via email.

There have been numerous rumors about whether Trump is happy with Vance, and even some speculation as to whether the former president should replace him.

Vance has faced heat for his previous comments about women, abortion and calling Democratic women “childless cat ladies.” Vance has accused the media of twisting his words and tried to clear up what he meant in an interview with Fox NewsSean Hannity last month.

However, Trump and his team have frequently hit back at suggestions that he has any regrets over choosing Vance, saying he is “thrilled” with his pick.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
DNC chair says majority of delegates have voted to give Harris the Democratic nomination
Read More

DNC chair says majority of delegates have voted to give Harris the Democratic nomination

Vice President Kamala Harris has won enough delegate votes to secure the Democratic presidential nomination, Democratic National Committee Chair Jaime Harrison announced Friday, though the results are not yet official. The DNC will not make an official announcement of results until Monday evening, when the virtual voting process closes for delegates to next month’s Democratic

Nicola Peltz-Beckham alleges NY dog groomer with history of ‘malicious abuse’ killed beloved pooch Nala: court docs

Nicola Peltz-Beckham is suing a Westchester dog groomer, who she claimed killed her beloved pooch, Nala. The 29-year-old actress alleges that HoundSpa in Mount Kisco was responsible for the chihuahua’s death, which came hours after she was treated at a routine grooming by an unfit employee, according to court documents obtained by TMZ. Jony Ceballos