Call Of Duty Mod Shut Down By Activision Hours Before Launch, Leading To Review Bombing

Activision has shut down a highly anticipated Call of Duty mod, just hours before it was due to release. The mod, H2M, was billed as a remastering of the original Modern Warfare II multiplayer experience, delivering what Activision itself did not. But it’s not going to happen. As fans feared, Activision issued a cease and
Call Of Duty Mod Shut Down By Activision Hours Before Launch, Leading To Review Bombing

Activision has shut down a highly anticipated Call of Duty mod, just hours before it was due to release. The mod, H2M, was billed as a remastering of the original Modern Warfare II multiplayer experience, delivering what Activision itself did not. But it’s not going to happen. As fans feared, Activision issued a cease and desist order to the developers, just like the company did with the fan-made Call of Duty SM2 mod in 2023.

“We are complying with this order and shutting down all operations immediately and permanently,” the developers said. The order to shut it down came on August 15, just a day before the modders were due to release the H2M mod on August 16.

The mod would have required a copy of 2017’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. In anticipation of the mod’s release, sales of Modern Warfare Remastered rose significantly on Steam. After the news about the cease and desist order came out, however, players review-bombed Modern Warfare Remastered, turning its recent reviews rating to “mostly negative.”

Modern Warfare Remastered recently went on sale on Steam, prompting people to speculate that Activision was trying to capitalize on interest in H2M. However, the game regularly goes on sale.

Fans who were impressed by the quality of the H2M mod have expressed interest in donating to the mod’s creators to help them out, but one of the founders said the team has no plans to do this. “Anyone trying to make money off H2M is not us. Beware,” the developer said. This person also said the modding group might turn its attention to an original game next.

In other Call of Duty news, Activision will reveal what’s next for Black Ops 6 during the Call of Duty Next event on August 28. Shortly after that, the Black Ops 6 beta begins on August 30.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Trump campaign says it was hacked by Iranian group
Read More

Trump campaign says it was hacked by Iranian group

Former President Donald Trump’s campaign on Saturday said that it had been hacked by an Iranian group in June, “which coincides with the close timing of President Trump’s selection of a Vice Presidential nominee,” Steven Cheung, a spokesperson for the Trump campaign, told NBC News. The hack was first reported by Politico, and NBC News
Trump says Elon Musk will interview him Monday
Read More

Trump says Elon Musk will interview him Monday

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said he will be interviewed on Monday night by Elon Musk, the billionaire who runs Tesla, SpaceX and social media site X. The former president’s planned talk with Musk comes on the heels of Democratic presidential nominee and Vice President Kamala Harris selecting Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz as her running mate. It also follows the disclosure of probes of a Trump-supporting
At Least 1 Dead, 68 Injured, After Huge Israeli Airstrike On South Beirut
Read More

At Least 1 Dead, 68 Injured, After Huge Israeli Airstrike On South Beirut

Update(1715ET): The Lebanese government has condemned the "blatant act of aggression" following the Israeli airstrikes on southern Beirut. While some reports have claimed US warships are moving closer to Lebanon in the wake of the crisis, the reality is that American warships and military assets were already in the eastern Mediterranean region. Lebanon’s National News