NYC man accused of gunning down twin sister in NJ was out on bail for January Harlem shooting: report

A violent career criminal who allegedly murdered his twin sister in New Jersey last week was cut loose on bail earlier this year after shooting a bystander in the back during a running gun battle in Manhattan. Jonathan D. Hagley, 26, is locked in the Bergen County Jail’s psychiatric ward after cops say he fatally

A violent career criminal who allegedly murdered his twin sister in New Jersey last week was cut loose on bail earlier this year after shooting a bystander in the back during a running gun battle in Manhattan.

Jonathan D. Hagley, 26, is locked in the Bergen County Jail’s psychiatric ward after cops say he fatally shot twin Naomi Hagley in his family home on Hickory Street in Teaneck on Thursday, according to jail records and the county prosecutor’s office.  

It’s not clear what sparked the killing. But when cops arrived at the quiet suburban home minutes from Manhattan, they found the mortally wounded Naomi with three gunshot wounds — and the twins’ father saying they came from Hagley’s handgun.

Jonathan D. Hagley allegedly murdered his twin sister in Teaneck last week.

Cops picked up the suspected triggerman a few blocks away — and found his pistol, a Glock 30S with its serial number scratched out, in the same area.

But it wasn’t the first time Hagley — who now faces murder, weapons and obstruction charges for the killing — has been in hot water with the law.

About eight months ago, Hagley allegedly shot a man in the back as he chased two other men during a gunfight in Harlem, according to the Bergen Record.

The Jan. 15 encounter started near Hagley’s apartment complex on West 136th Street when the unidentified pair walked up and shot him twice before fleeing, Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Mary Rogowski said during Hagley’s hearing eight days later.

During the caught-on-camera clash, Hagley allegedly chased the men around the block, then squeezed off three rounds in the middle of a busy intersection in broad daylight, the Record said.

It wasn’t the first time alleged killer Hagley has been in trouble with the law — he shot a bystander in the spine in Harlem earlier this year, authorities say. Teaneck Police Department

One of those bullets struck a 37-year-old bystander in the spine as he milled about near the median.

Authorities found three shell casings at the scene, Rogowski said. A gun and an extended magazine were picked up on 7th Avenue, where Hagley threaded his way between cars before sauntering into a deli.

The shooter — who was on parole at the time from prior convictions in the Garden State — was also clipped in the butt by one of his enemy’s bullets and needed medical help himself, the Record said.

Naomi Hagley allegedly became her own twin’s next victim after he posted bail in Manhattan.
It is unclear why Hagley allegedly shot his sister at their family home in Teaneck, New Jersey. Julian Leshay Guadalupe/NorthJersey.com / USA TODAY NETWORK

He pleaded not guilty to charges of second-degree attempted murder, assault and other offenses at his Manhattan Supreme Court hearing on Jan. 23.

A judge ordered him held on $100,000 cash bail or $300,000 bond. But Hagley somehow posted the money and was released, the Record said.

Eight months later, his twin sister allegedly became his next victim.

Hagley — who is supposed to appear in Manhattan court Sept. 9 — was also supposed to go before a Bergen County judge on Friday.

But he was medically sedated, so his attorney, David Blum, waived the hearing.

A makeshift memorial to 26-year-old Naomi Hagley outside her family home. Julian Leshay Guadalupe/NorthJersey.com / USA TODAY NETWORK

New Jersey prosecutors are looking to hold Hagley until the end of his trial, the Record said. He is scheduled for another appearance next week.

The trigger-happy Hagley has a long history of getting into trouble.

He was sentenced to seven years in state prison back in March 2018 after pleading guilty to aggravated assault, burglary and weapons charges for trying to clean out an apartment in Garfield, New Jersey, in 2016, the Record said.

While he was sitting in Bergen County Jail awaiting trial, Hagley allegedly slashed another inmate’s face with a blade — which led to the assault charges.

The lengthy sentence was part of a global plea deal that wrapped both offenses into one, the Record said.

Hagley fought his convictions but lost every appeal.

As a result, he stayed behind bars until November 2022, when he was released from Bayside State Prison.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Google Claims Censoring Searches on Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Was an Innocent Mistake
Read More

Google Claims Censoring Searches on Donald Trump Assassination Attempt Was an Innocent Mistake

Tech giant Google has addressed concerns raised by prominent conservatives regarding its search autocomplete function, particularly its censorship of searches related to the recent attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump. The masters of the universe claims they are “working on improvements” including the autocomplete function. Fortune reports that in response to allegations of election interference
Webpage that rated Kamala Harris the ‘most liberal’ senator in 2019 suddenly disappears
Read More

Webpage that rated Kamala Harris the ‘most liberal’ senator in 2019 suddenly disappears

close Video Now they want to ‘coronate’ Kamala Harris: Gov. Chris Sununu New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu discusses President Biden’s upcoming Oval Office address as Vice President Kamala Harris hits the campaign trail on ‘Your World.’ GovTrack, an organization that tracks congressional voting records, confirmed to Fox News Digital it had removed a 2019 web