Concord Has No Battle Pass — “You Own Concord, Concord Doesn’t Own You”

With the beta over, Firewalk Studios is revealing what players can expect with the launch of Concord, along with what’s coming after the game’s release. Notably, one popular element seen in many online shooters will be missing on purpose: a battle pass. Mark DeRidder, gameplay animation director at Firewalk, shared this decision on X by
Concord Has No Battle Pass — “You Own Concord, Concord Doesn’t Own You”

With the beta over, Firewalk Studios is revealing what players can expect with the launch of Concord, along with what’s coming after the game’s release. Notably, one popular element seen in many online shooters will be missing on purpose: a battle pass.

Mark DeRidder, gameplay animation director at Firewalk, shared this decision on X by adding: “You own Concord, Concord doesn’t own you.” DeRidder, for his part, previously worked on one of the most popular games in the world with a battle pass as a developer at Raven Software on Call of Duty: Warzone, per LinkedIn.

While there is no battle pass, Firewalk is promising “new Freegunners, maps, modes, and more” after Concord launches on August 23. Additionally, this will come with “no additional cost.” Concord isn’t free-to-play, but instead costs $40.

Concord was first unveiled at a PlayStation State of Play in May. The 5-vs-5 online shooter seemingly mixes together elements of Overwatch and Valorant, with vibes from the Guardian of the Galaxy movies. Concord has had early access and open-beta periods spread throughout this month, with the latter ending over the weekend on July 21.

For more, check out GameSpot’s Concord preview. The PC and PS5 online shooter is up for preorder in standard and digital deluxe editions.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Chancellor Rachel Reeves is warned raiding the pension savings of up to six million higher earners could trigger crippling public sector strikes and hit economic growth
Read More

Chancellor Rachel Reeves is warned raiding the pension savings of up to six million higher earners could trigger crippling public sector strikes and hit economic growth

Raiding the pension savings of up to six million higher earners could trigger crippling public sector strikes and hit economic growth, Rachel Reeves was warned yesterday. The Chancellor is expected to consider a proposal from Treasury officials for a flat 30 per cent rate of pension tax relief. The measure would clobber higher rate payers

Origins of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos winds up in court as former PepsiCo executive sues, claiming he invented spicy snack

A court case could soon settle a spicy dispute: Who invented Flamin’ Hot Cheetos? A former PepsiCo executive is suing the company, saying it destroyed his career after questioning his claim that he invented the popular flavor of Cheetos snacks. PepsiCo said Thursday it has no comment on the lawsuit, which was filed July 18 in California Superior

NYC police union backs controversial bill to regulate hotels, which owners call ‘nuclear bomb’ for industry

The union representing New York City police officers has endorsed controversial legislation to more strictly regulate hotels, which owners of inns claim will crush the Big Apple’s lodging industry. Intro. 991 — the Safe Hotels Act — will make it easier to rein in problem-plagued hotels, Police Benevolent Association President Patrick Hendry said, joining forces
‘Fun game’: Mariners bash three early home runs in rout of Phils’Fun game’: Mariners bash three early home runs in rout of Phils
Read More

‘Fun game’: Mariners bash three early home runs in rout of Phils’Fun game’: Mariners bash three early home runs in rout of Phils

'Fun game': Mariners bash three early home runs in rout of Phils 5:04 AM UTC Daniel Kramer @DKramer_ Share share-square-481076 SEATTLE -- The Mariners’ new-look lineup gave the Statcast crew at T-Mobile Park a workout when the club opened a huge homestand on Friday night against the Phillies, as Victor Robles, Luke Raley and Justin