Justin Timberlake seeks to dismiss DUI case

An attorney for Justin Timberlake asked a judge to dismiss drunk driving charges against the US pop singer Friday, saying his client was “not intoxicated” when he was arrested last month. On June 18, the 43-year-old entertainer had been pulled over in the town of Sag Harbor, about 100 miles (160 kilometers) east of New
Justin Timberlake seeks to dismiss DUI case

An attorney for Justin Timberlake asked a judge to dismiss drunk driving charges against the US pop singer Friday, saying his client was “not intoxicated” when he was arrested last month.

On June 18, the 43-year-old entertainer had been pulled over in the town of Sag Harbor, about 100 miles (160 kilometers) east of New York City, after police observed his BMW drive through a stop sign and struggle to stay within street lanes.

Timberlake had been en route to a friend’s house after getting dinner at a local hotel’s restaurant.

Officers arrested him on suspicion of drunk driving.

Timberlake, who is currently on tour in Europe, did not attend Friday’s court hearing in New York.

He was ordered to attend the next proceedings on August 2, though will be allowed to do so via videoconference.

Judge Carl Irace agreed to review a motion filed by Timberlake’s attorney, Edward Burke, which sought to dismiss the case, alleging the complaint filed by the arresting officer was defective.

“The police made a number of very significant errors in this case,” Burke said in a statement after the hearing.

“The most important fact to know about this case is that Justin was not intoxicated and should not have been arrested.”

The “Selfish” singer is currently on the European leg of his “The Forget Tomorrow World Tour” to promote his latest album, “Everything I Thought It Was.”

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Haunting new details about Delphi murders are revealed in court – as expert claims Indiana girls’ deaths are ‘textbook’ example of ritualistic killing
Read More

Haunting new details about Delphi murders are revealed in court – as expert claims Indiana girls’ deaths are ‘textbook’ example of ritualistic killing

The Delphi murders suspect's lawyers claim a pagan cult sacrificed two teenage girls who were snatched from a hiking trail, and the confessed killer is innocent. Libby German, 14, and Abby Williams, 13, disappeared on February 13, 2017, while hiking the Monon High Bridge Trail in Delphi, Indiana. Richard Allen, 51, was charged with their murders in October
EXCLUSIVEHeartbreaking words severely brain damaged schoolboy, 15, said to his mother as he speaks for first time since tragic back flip off pier that left him in a ‘vegetative state’
Read More

EXCLUSIVEHeartbreaking words severely brain damaged schoolboy, 15, said to his mother as he speaks for first time since tragic back flip off pier that left him in a ‘vegetative state’

A boy left severely brain-damaged after flipping from a pier has spoken for the first time and is amazing doctors with his progress. Jack Dolan, 15, was left in a state where he could not move, speak or laugh after the tragedy on June 23. The teen, who tried to jump from Margate pier in Kent
US will send $1.7 billion in military aid to Ukraine
Read More

US will send $1.7 billion in military aid to Ukraine

The U.S. has announced that it will send $1.7 billion in military aid to Ukraine, including an array of munitions for air defense systems, artillery, mortars and anti-tank and anti-ship missiles US will send $1.7 billion in military aid to UkraineBy LOLITA C. BALDORAssociated PressThe Associated PressWASHINGTON WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. will send $1.7