Accused killer cop Beau Lamarre-Condon allegedly broke into Jesse Baird’s Paddington home months before double murder

A former police officer accused of killing former Channel Ten presenter and AFL umpire Jesse Baird allegedly broke into his share house six months beforehand to stalk the television star, according to new court documents. Beau Lamarre-Condon, 29, faces three new charges as police allege he shot dead Mr Baird and his Qantas flight attendant
Accused killer cop Beau Lamarre-Condon allegedly broke into Jesse Baird’s Paddington home months before double murder

A former police officer accused of killing former Channel Ten presenter and AFL umpire Jesse Baird allegedly broke into his share house six months beforehand to stalk the television star, according to new court documents.

Beau Lamarre-Condon, 29, faces three new charges as police allege he shot dead Mr Baird and his Qantas flight attendant boyfriend Luke Davies in the inner eastern Sydney suburb of Paddington on February 19 in an act of domestic violence.

Police alleged the act stemmed from Mr Lamarre-Condon’s previous relationship with Mr Baird. Officers have now also added a charge of aggravated break and enter with intent, according to court documents seen by Nine Newspapers on Thursday.

Lamarre-Condon is accused of breaking into Mr Baird’s share house on August 17 last year to commit a serious indictable offence, six months before the alleged murders.

The alleged offence is listed on the charge sheet as ‘stalking Jesse Baird’.

Police sources told Nine earlier this year that Baird told friends in the months before his death of seeing a shadowy figure at the end of his bed late at night.

Lamarre-Condon’s lawyer John Walford told the publication he was ‘a little bit surprised’ about the break-in charge, but they would ‘deal with it’.

He  added that his client is ‘hanging in there’ as Lamarre-Condon enters his sixth month in custody.

Beau Lamarre-Condon, 29, faces three new charges as police allege he shot dead Mr Baird and Mr Davies

Beau Lamarre-Condon, 29, faces three new charges as police allege he shot dead Mr Baird and Mr Davies

‘It’s a tough place, that’s the way it is,’ Mr Walford said. 

Police allege Lamarre-Condon shot dead Mr Baird, 26 and Mr Davies, 29, with his service pistol at Mr Baird’s home on February 19 and then dumped their bodies two days later in the NSW Southern Tablelands.

Mr Baird and Lamarre-Condon were previously engaged in what police described as an ‘off and on’ romance but Mr Baird had not wanted to pursue a relationship. 

Lamarre-Condon, who used to regularly post pictures of himself with international celebrities on social media, turned himself in to police on February 23.

After briefly appearing in court that day, Lamarre-Condon was transferred to the maximum-security Metropolitan Remand and Reception Centre, where he was placed in protective custody due to his status as a policeman.

Prison authorities also deemed him potentially at risk because he was accused of extremely serious offences, had attracted saturation media attention and had never previously been in jail.

Police subsequently located the bodies of Mr Baird and Mr Davies on a property at Bungonia, about 180km south-west of Sydney. 

Lamarre-Condon has been in protective custody and under constant surveillance at the Metropolitan Remand and Reception Centre at Silverwater in Sydney’s west for the past four months.

His mental state is reported to be deteriorating.

The bodies of Mr Davies (left) and Mr Baird were found on a property at Bungonia, about 180km south-west of Sydney

The bodies of Mr Davies (left) and Mr Baird were found on a property at Bungonia, about 180km south-west of Sydney

Police allege Beau Lamarre-Condon broke into Jesse Baird's share house in inner-city Paddington six months before the TV star and his new boyfriend were allegedly shot dead

Police allege Beau Lamarre-Condon broke into Jesse Baird’s share house in inner-city Paddington six months before the TV star and his new boyfriend were allegedly shot dead

‘He’s not doing real well at the moment,’ a source close to the 28-year-old told Daily Mail Australia earlier this year.

‘Obviously it’s set in now – what’s happened and the allegations and where he is. I think the rot’s set in mentally-wise. He’s at a low point at the moment.

‘He’s very down. He’s hit the lows.’

Prison authorities do not necessarily consider Lamarre-Condon a particular suicide risk but his circumstances combine to suggest he would be vulnerable in jail. 

Lamarre-Condon is yet to enter any pleas.

His case returns to Downing Centre Local Court on August 13.

The two domestic violence-related murder charges set to replace the two original murder charges as the case proceeds through the courts.

1800RESPECT

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Report: Barack Obama to Endorse Kamala ‘Soon’ — ‘Thinks She’s Been off to a Great Start’
Read More

Report: Barack Obama to Endorse Kamala ‘Soon’ — ‘Thinks She’s Been off to a Great Start’

Former President Barack Obama will endorse Vice President Kamala Harris for president “soon,” four people familiar with discussions of the matter told NBC News. The sources contradict a Wednesday report that Obama does not believe Harris can beat former President Donald Trump in the general election and has not endorsed her for that reason. Obama, however
Jewell and Yarros among winners at 2024 TikTok Book Awards
Read More

Jewell and Yarros among winners at 2024 TikTok Book Awards

Jewell and Yarros among winners at 2024 TikTok Book Awards Philip Panting From left to right: Talia Hibbert, Laurie Gilmore, Freya Blyth (The Bookshop by the Sea), John-Paul Kunrunmi, Lisa Jewell and Maisie Matilda A psychological thriller by Lisa Jewell and an adult fantasy novel by Rebecca Yarros were among the winners at the TikTok