British holidaymaker, 30, is raped and robbed on a beach in Majorca

A British tourist has been assisted by police after claiming she was raped and robbed on a beach in Majorca. The 30-year-old told detectives she agreed to go to the beach with a man she met and ended up agreeing to have sex with before a second man appeared on the scene and forced himself
British holidaymaker, 30, is raped and robbed on a beach in Majorca

A British tourist has been assisted by police after claiming she was raped and robbed on a beach in Majorca.

The 30-year-old told detectives she agreed to go to the beach with a man she met and ended up agreeing to have sex with before a second man appeared on the scene and forced himself on her.

They then fled with her belongings according to the holidaymaker.

The incident police are probing happened on a beach near the Majorcan capital Palma in the early hours of Thursday morning.

Respected island newspaper Ultima Hora said she had accepted an offer of ‘free drugs’ by the man she met as she strolled around Palma before heading to the beach with him.

It said they had decided to have consensual sex on the sand before things took an ‘unexpected turn’ with the surprise arrival of the second man.

A British tourist has been assisted by police after claiming she was raped and robbed on a beach in Majorca (File image of a Magaluf beach)

A British tourist has been assisted by police after claiming she was raped and robbed on a beach in Majorca (File image of a Magaluf beach) 

The 30-year-old told detectives she agreed to go to the beach with a man she met and ended up agreeing to have sex with before a second man appeared on the scene and forced himself on her (File image of a Palma beach)

The 30-year-old told detectives she agreed to go to the beach with a man she met and ended up agreeing to have sex with before a second man appeared on the scene and forced himself on her (File image of a Palma beach) 

The female holidaymaker, now said to be back in London, was taken to Son Espases Hospital in Palma for a routine medical exploration after alerting police and telling them she wanted to file a formal complaint.

It was not immediately clear this morning if she had ratified her complaint in court in front of a judge before she returned home.

Local reports said she had been in ‘visibly affected’ and in a ‘state of shock.’

Police in the Balearic Islands admitted earlier this year thieves targeting holidaymakers who had gone to the beach to make love or have a late-night dip in the sea were one of the biggest problems for them in peak season.

Little is known about the men said to have been involved in Thursday’s incident, including their ages or whether they were Spaniards or foreigners.

Parts of Playa de Palma, which includes the brash party area of S’Arenal on its east end which is popular with partying Germans, have been under the microscope this summer over tourist misbehaviour and criminals especially pickpockets who target holidaymakers.

Francisco Javier Santos, head of the National Police for the area, insisted in a local paper interview published today it was a safe place to go on holiday, saying: ‘The level of criminality is relatively limited.’

In April last year an Italian man was arrested on suspicion of raping a 38-year-old British woman on a beach near Magaluf after luring her from a nearby bar.

The 20-year-old was held after the victim complained he had forced himself on her after a night out in Palmanova which borders the famous party resort.

A spokesman for the Civil Guard in Majorca said at the time: ‘The Civil Guard in Calvia has arrested an Italian man aged 20 as the suspected author of a crime of sexual assault on a woman aged 38.

‘Last week, the alleged victim and suspect coincided in a late-night bar in Palmanova.

‘When the bar closed, the suspect allegedly took advantage of the woman’s state of disorientation because of the amount of alcohol she had drunk, to take her to the beach and rape her.

‘Officers began an investigation and managed to identify and locate the alleged offender.’

Court officials could not be reached this morning for comment regarding the investigation a judge launched at the time.

A British 18-year-old was allegedly gang-raped at a hotel in Magaluf in the early hours of August 14 last year. Five French nationals and a Swiss man were arrested and remanded in jail pending an ongoing judicial investigation and a further two suspects subsequently held in France on European Arrest Warrants.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Students Hit Leftist ‘Squad’ Members with Lawsuit for ‘Inciting’ Anti-Israel Protests at Columbia University
Read More

Students Hit Leftist ‘Squad’ Members with Lawsuit for ‘Inciting’ Anti-Israel Protests at Columbia University

Some leftist members of the “Squad” in Congress are facing a class-action lawsuit regarding the anti-Israel encampment and protests that erupted at Columbia University a few months ago. Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY), and Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) have been accused of “inciting and encouraging” the events, the New York Post reported
‘Coordinated Malicious Acts’ Disrupt French High-Speed Rail Network On Day Of Olympics Opening Ceremony
Read More

‘Coordinated Malicious Acts’ Disrupt French High-Speed Rail Network On Day Of Olympics Opening Ceremony

Forbes Business Breaking ‘Coordinated Malicious Acts’ Disrupt French High-Speed Rail Network On Day Of Olympics Opening Ceremony Siladitya Ray Forbes Staff Siladitya Ray is a New Delhi-based Forbes news team reporter. Following Jul 26, 2024, 04:36am EDT Updated Jul 26, 2024, 05:20am EDT Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin Topline France’s high-speed