‘Ghost Hunters’ star Jason Hawes faces ‘vile’ accusations by owner of haunted ‘Conjuring’ home

The star of the hit paranormal TV series “Ghost Hunters” claims the woman who owns the notorious house that inspired “The Conjuring” has been harassing him for weeks — bizarrely accusing him of being part of a plot to have her assassinated. Jason Hawes filed a police report against Jacqueline Nuñez with Rhode Island’s West

The star of the hit paranormal TV series “Ghost Hunters” claims the woman who owns the notorious house that inspired “The Conjuring” has been harassing him for weeks — bizarrely accusing him of being part of a plot to have her assassinated.

Jason Hawes filed a police report against Jacqueline Nuñez with Rhode Island’s West Greenwich Police Department last week after he claims he’s recently received several threatening messages from the homeowner, WPRI reported.

“Some of these text messages were just extremely vile,” Hawes told the outlet. “She claimed I was there trying to do an assassination plot.”

“I wanted to take this to the police department just to cover myself and protect my family,” he added.

Jason Hawes says the owner of the haunted house from “The Conjuring” is harassing him. wpri.com
Nunez has owned the home from “The Conjuring” since 2022. wpri.com

Nuñez owns the storied Burrillville farmhouse, also known as the Old Arnold Estate. The 19th-century farmhouse is the real-life haunted house that inspired the 2013 horror film “The Conjuring” — and has a dark history of murder, rape and suicide. It’s said to be haunted by the spirit of Bathsheba Sherman, who lived there in the 1800s.

Hawes, whose daughter worked at the creepy house for nearly two years, said Nuñez had been messaging him last month after making claims he had trespassed on the property.

Nuñez posted surveillance video from the home on social media showing what appeared to be a man leaving the property in a truck, according to a police report obtained by the outlet. 

She wrote that the man “looked like Jason Hawes!” — although Hawes says it’s been disproved it’s not him. Then he started receiving her threatening messages.

“You will someday be prosecuted for your slander and numerous murder attempts on my life,” one message to Hawes read.

“I am told that you know of the assassination attempt on me,” she texted him, according to the police report. “I will never be defeated or destroyed by any [expletive] paranormal person, now or at any time in the future.”

“The Conjuring” house is an 19th-century farmhouse in Burrillville, Rhode Island. wpri.com
Hawes said he’s been harassed by Nunez since she believes he trespassed on the property earlier this year. wpri.com

Nuñez told WPRI Friday she will not comment until she files a federal complaint to investigate “evidence of hate crimes and abusive attacks against me and The Conjuring House.”

She said she has already filed complaints to officials in Burrillville, as well as the Rhode Island Attorney General’s office, and other state and federal agencies. She has not received any confirmation that her complaints are under investigation.

Nuñez, a Boston real-estate developer, purchased the creepy wooden home in 2022 for $1.52 million, or 27% above the asking price. She was one of more than 10 offers on the property — and one of the prospective owners interviewed by the sellers who promised a number of  requirements, including not living in the home for the buyer’s own safety.

“This is a very personal purchase for me,” Nuñez said after the purchase. “When it hit the market, I thought, ‘This is a property that enables people to speak to the dead.’”

Just last month, Brian Dansereau, a former employee at the property, filed a complaint with the state of Rhode Island seeking $9,000 in unpaid wages.

Dansereau was fired suddenly earlier this year after Nuñez claimed the spirit of the home’s 19th-century owner, John Arnold, claimed he’d been stealing.

“It does not matter whether you believe in the paranormal or not,” Nuñez said in a statement last month. “I and every person is entitled to experiences that bring understanding and meaning to our lives, including being informed or warned about wicked actors and actions.”

Dansereau, like Hawes, claims Nuñez has been harassing him online and via text message.

“I hope you get ruined, arrested and prosecuted for the rest of your life,” Nuñez said in a text reviewed by WPRI.

In a separate incident last year, former employees Cody Desbiens and Hawes’ daughter, Santori Hawes, also claimed they lost thousands of dollars in personal items during a barn fire on the property in December. 

The couple said Nuñez initially told them they’d be reimbursed, but then refused.

“In the back of our mind, we knew that we weren’t going to get that money,” said Santori Hawes.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Rookie’s ‘testament to perseverance’: Wilson hits for 10th cycle in Phillies historyRookie’s ‘testament to perseverance’: Wilson hits for 10th cycle in Phillies history
Read More

Rookie’s ‘testament to perseverance’: Wilson hits for 10th cycle in Phillies historyRookie’s ‘testament to perseverance’: Wilson hits for 10th cycle in Phillies history

Rookie's 'testament to perseverance': Wilson hits for 10th cycle in Phillies history 4:06 AM UTC Todd Zolecki @ToddZolecki Share share-square-145506 PHILADELPHIA -- Weston Wilson knew. The rookie walked to home plate in the eighth inning in Thursday night’s 13-3 victory over the Nationals at Citizens Bank Park just a double shy of the 10th cycle
Kamala Harris’ top VP pick is dragged into shocking sexual harassment cover up fight – as rival makes haunting prediction
Read More

Kamala Harris’ top VP pick is dragged into shocking sexual harassment cover up fight – as rival makes haunting prediction

Kamala Harris' top vice president pick has been dragged into a shocking sexual harassment scandal. Governor Josh Shapiro of Pennsylvania, 51, is in the running to take Harris' job as vice president should she beat Donald Trump in November. Harris has so far requested materials from Shapiro as part of a vetting process that includes several
Kamala Harris Pauses Arizona Rally to Talk to Hecklers
Read More

Kamala Harris Pauses Arizona Rally to Talk to Hecklers

Vice President Kamala Harris paused her rally near Phoenix, Arizona, on Friday night and addressed a group of hecklers from the podium. The Democratic presidential nominee was not far into her address before thousands of vocal supporters when she was interrupted by some spectators yelling above the vice president. Harris' rally in Arizona was reportedly
Yanks can’t hold on after Judge sends one to remotest part of FenwayYanks can’t hold on after Judge sends one to remotest part of Fenway
Read More

Yanks can’t hold on after Judge sends one to remotest part of FenwayYanks can’t hold on after Judge sends one to remotest part of Fenway

Yanks can't hold on after Judge sends one to remotest part of Fenway 2 minutes ago Bryan Hoch @BryanHoch Share share-square-24920 BOSTON -- Squeezing Fenway Park into the confines of an existing 1912-era street grid necessitated many unique quirks, like the 37-foot-tall Green Monster that looms over left field. It also meant that there would