Justin Timberlake seeks to dismiss DUI case

An attorney for Justin Timberlake asked a judge to dismiss drunk driving charges against the US pop singer Friday, saying his client was “not intoxicated” when he was arrested last month. On June 18, the 43-year-old entertainer had been pulled over in the town of Sag Harbor, about 100 miles (160 kilometers) east of New
Justin Timberlake seeks to dismiss DUI case

An attorney for Justin Timberlake asked a judge to dismiss drunk driving charges against the US pop singer Friday, saying his client was “not intoxicated” when he was arrested last month.

On June 18, the 43-year-old entertainer had been pulled over in the town of Sag Harbor, about 100 miles (160 kilometers) east of New York City, after police observed his BMW drive through a stop sign and struggle to stay within street lanes.

Timberlake had been en route to a friend’s house after getting dinner at a local hotel’s restaurant.

Officers arrested him on suspicion of drunk driving.

Timberlake, who is currently on tour in Europe, did not attend Friday’s court hearing in New York.

He was ordered to attend the next proceedings on August 2, though will be allowed to do so via videoconference.

Judge Carl Irace agreed to review a motion filed by Timberlake’s attorney, Edward Burke, which sought to dismiss the case, alleging the complaint filed by the arresting officer was defective.

“The police made a number of very significant errors in this case,” Burke said in a statement after the hearing.

“The most important fact to know about this case is that Justin was not intoxicated and should not have been arrested.”

The “Selfish” singer is currently on the European leg of his “The Forget Tomorrow World Tour” to promote his latest album, “Everything I Thought It Was.”

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
EXCLUSIVEA ‘pursuit of online fame and fortune’ drove prison guard with a taste for ‘bandits’ to have sex with inmate in viral video, say her family – now she’s left colleagues in danger
Read More

EXCLUSIVEA ‘pursuit of online fame and fortune’ drove prison guard with a taste for ‘bandits’ to have sex with inmate in viral video, say her family – now she’s left colleagues in danger

It lasts just four and a half minutes. But the video of Linda De Sousa Abreu having sex with an inmate encapsulates everything wrong inside Britain's jails. Intimacy between staff and prisoners is illegal, something even the greenest prison officers know. For the 30-year-old to have taken part in a filmed sex session with a
Grandmother left ‘heartbroken’ after missing ‘dream’ cruise trip with her granddaughter by just FOUR minutes… because she didn’t know she needed a visa
Read More

Grandmother left ‘heartbroken’ after missing ‘dream’ cruise trip with her granddaughter by just FOUR minutes… because she didn’t know she needed a visa

A 'heartbroken' grandmother was left 'sobbing' on the docks at Southampton with her teenage granddaughter as their 'dream' cruise trip set sail without them - as their visa arrived four minutes late.  Anne Conway and her granddaughter Leila Conway were meant to spend two weeks sailing to New York, US, and back from Southampton on a
Raygun says Olympic criticism has been ‘devastating’
Read More

Raygun says Olympic criticism has been ‘devastating’

Raygun says Olympic criticism has been 'devastating' Media caption, Australian breakdancer Raygun opens up about 'devastating' hate online Published 15 August 2024, 10:05 BST Updated 3 hours ago Australian breakdancer Rachael Gunn says the backlash to her performance at the Olympics has been "devastating". Gunn - who is known as B-girl Raygun - has been