Kamala Harris turned down debate on Fox News, Trump says

Former President Donald Trump claimed Monday that Vice President Kamala Harris has opted against participating in a Fox News debate next month.  “Comrade Kamala Harris has just informed us that she will NOT do the FoxNews Debate on September 4th,” the Republican nominee for president wrote on Truth Social.  The vice president’s apparent decision to

Former President Donald Trump claimed Monday that Vice President Kamala Harris has opted against participating in a Fox News debate next month. 

“Comrade Kamala Harris has just informed us that she will NOT do the FoxNews Debate on September 4th,” the Republican nominee for president wrote on Truth Social. 

The vice president’s apparent decision to turn down the debate didn’t shock Trump. 

“I am not surprised by this development because I feel that she knows it is very difficult, at best, for her to defend her record setting Flip-Flopping on absolutely everything she once believed in, including her statements that THERE WILL BE NO FRACKING IN PENNSYLVANIA and her HORRIBLE Performance on the Border, our “Border Czar,” where millions of criminals and people from mental institutions and terrorists, have been allowed to pour into our Country, totally unchecked and unvetted,” the former president wrote. 

Trump speaks during a campaign stop at Precision Custom Components, Aug. 19, 2024, in York, Pennsylvania.
Trump speaks during a campaign stop at Precision Custom Components, Aug. 19, 2024, in York, Pennsylvania. Harrison Jones – THE USA TODAY NETWORK PA / USA TODAY NETWORK

Trump further revealed that instead of doing the debate, he will now hold a “Tele-Town Hall, anchored by Sean Hannity, for Fox.”

“It will take place in the Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania – Details to follow!” 

Earlier this month, Trump said that he had agreed to do three debates against Harris, including one hosted by NBC News on Sept. 25, in addition to the ABC and Fox News forums. 

Harris makes remarks at the 2024 Democratic National Convention.
Harris makes remarks at the 2024 Democratic National Convention. Ron Sachs – CNP for NY Post

“So we have those three dates and those networks, they’re very anxiously awaiting that date and those dates,” Trump told reporters during a press conference in Mar-a-Lago. “We have spoken to the heads of the network and it’s all been confirmed.”

Harris, 59, has only formally agreed to the ABC event. 

Earlier this month, she appeared hesitant to accept the Fox News debate but open to the NBC News one. 

“Well, I’m glad that he’s finally agreed to a debate on Sept. 10,” the vice president said on Aug. 8. “I am happy to have that conversation about an additional debate, or after Sept. 10, for sure.”

Harris has not held a single news conference since President Biden‘s July 21 decision to end his re-election bid and endorse her to run in his stead.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Paris organisers try to lure more tourists after disappointing Olympics start: Empty seats in stadiums spark ticket fire-sale with showpiece events available for just £12
Read More

Paris organisers try to lure more tourists after disappointing Olympics start: Empty seats in stadiums spark ticket fire-sale with showpiece events available for just £12

Desperate Olympic organisers are offering tourists bargain tickets to watch the games in Paris - with some selling for as little as £12  The major fire-sale has been sparked after a disappointing opening few days to the sporting spectacle saw stadiums plagued by empty seats.  It follows a chaotic start to the contest which saw
Rocket attack blamed on Hezbollah ‘kills at least 11 children and teenagers’ on football field at Israeli-controlled Golan Heights – hours after airstrike which targeted members of the Lebanese militant group
Read More

Rocket attack blamed on Hezbollah ‘kills at least 11 children and teenagers’ on football field at Israeli-controlled Golan Heights – hours after airstrike which targeted members of the Lebanese militant group

Eleven people, between the ages of 10 and 20, have been killed after a rocket attack on a football field in Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, Israeli media reports. The rocket is believed to have hit a football field in the Druze town of Majdal Shams, where 11 people were initially reported as wounded.  The Israeli Defence
Caminero already showing off as Rays’ new everyday third basemanCaminero already showing off as Rays’ new everyday third baseman
Read More

Caminero already showing off as Rays’ new everyday third basemanCaminero already showing off as Rays’ new everyday third baseman

Caminero already showing off as Rays' new everyday third baseman 3:56 AM UTC Adam Berry @adamdberry Share share-square-616908 ST. PETERSBURG -- Junior Caminero's first call to the big leagues came as a complete surprise. He had just finished the season with Double-A Montgomery last September and was mentally set on heading home to the Dominican