WATCH: Wade Wilson’s Shirtless Bodycam Video Hours Before Murder Arrest

A shirtless Wade Wilson drove away from a police officer who detained him in wild body cam footage taken on the same day the Florida man brutally killed two women. Wilson, 30, will be sentenced to either death or life in prison on August 27 for the killings of Kristine Melton, 35, and Diane Ruiz
WATCH: Wade Wilson’s Shirtless Bodycam Video Hours Before Murder Arrest

A shirtless Wade Wilson drove away from a police officer who detained him in wild body cam footage taken on the same day the Florida man brutally killed two women.

Wilson, 30, will be sentenced to either death or life in prison on August 27 for the killings of Kristine Melton, 35, and Diane Ruiz, 43, within hours of each other on October 7, 2019.

In police body cam footage from October 7, 2019, obtained by Newsweek, Fort Myers police officers responded to a call from Wilson’s former girlfriend Melissa Montanez who claimed Wilson attacked her in the parking lot of her business, Mila Spa. Montanez told police Wilson had taken her car from a bar the night before and left her stranded at the establishment and she simply wanted it back.

Wade Wilson, 30, seen in police body cam footage (left) and in court (right). Fort Myers Police Department

Wilson arrived at Mila Spa in a black Nissan Versa he had stolen from Melton after he met her at the bar the night before, went home with her, and then strangled her to death in her bed.

Shortly after Wilson left Montanez, he saw Ruiz walking down the street and stopped to ask her for directions. Ruiz got into the car where Wilson strangled her and then ran her over “until she looked like spaghetti.”

Parts of the body cam footage were previously shown in court on June 11. In one clip, an officer claims he got a tip that Wilson may be in the parking lot of a Joe’s Crab Shack and found him there in Montanez’s car.

Wilson told the officer that he was there waiting for his girlfriend.

Killer Wade Wilson Body Cam Footage
Wade Wilson appears to be missing teeth in the body cam footage. Fort Myers Police Department

“I’m going to detain you, not arrest you right now, okay? I can’t have any problems, you understand me?” the officer asks Wilson, although the convicted killer’s responses are difficult to hear.

The officer tells Wilson, who is missing one of his front teeth, that he is being detained “because of the battery this morning,” but Wilson claimed there was no such incident.

Wilson appears to argue with the officer who demands he turn off the car and give him the keys. The officer tells Wilson to remain in his car until backup arrives, but he starts the car and drives out of the parking lot.

“Don’t go anywhere, don’t do it,” the officer says to himself as Wilson disappears.

Later that day, another business owner called the police to report a shirtless Wilson had entered the building stating he had stabbed someone. The caller claimed Wilson had blood on him.

Wilson fled from police when they arrived and was later found in someone’s house. The homeowner was not at the residence and told police that Wilson was not permitted to be inside the home. Police called the house’s landline and a man picked up. Wilson told police he needed to speak to his father, and then he would come outside, which he eventually did.

Steven Testasecca, Wilson’s birth father, is the person who turned his son into police. Testasecca testified in court that Wilson had called him and admitted to murder.

Wilson told police he knew he was wanted for battery domestic violence so he broke into the house through a rear window. While inside, Wilson “showered, ate popcorn drank five White Claws, and stole the victim’s clothes, which he was wearing when arrested,” court docs read.

The judge will hear a request from Wilson’s lawyers for an acquittal or new trial in Melton’s murder on August 27 at 9 a.m. Wilson’s sentencing is set for 2 p.m. that day. He is also convicted of grand theft of a motor vehicle, battery, burglary of a dwelling, and theft.

Do you have a story Newsweek should be covering? Do you have any questions about this story? Contact LiveNews@newsweek.com

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Turkey blocks access to Instagram. It’s in response to removal of posts on Hamas chief, reports say
Read More

Turkey blocks access to Instagram. It’s in response to removal of posts on Hamas chief, reports say

Turkey’s communications authority has blocked access to the social media platform Instagram Turkey blocks access to Instagram. It’s in response to removal of posts on Hamas chief, reports sayBy SUZAN FRASERAssociated PressThe Associated PressANKARA, Turkey ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkey’s communications authority blocked access to the social media platform Instagram on Friday, the latest instance
Biden’s comment that outraged Elon Musk, turning the world’s richest man against Democrats and electrifying his support for Trump
Read More

Biden’s comment that outraged Elon Musk, turning the world’s richest man against Democrats and electrifying his support for Trump

Joe Biden stood in November 2021 with the executive that he said 'electrified the entire automobile industry' in America. That exec was Mary Barra - the CEO of General Motors - and not Elon Musk, the Tesla billionaire who most credit with the popularity of electric vehicles in the United States. Whether he knew it or
Prosecutors urge judge not to toss out Trump’s hush money conviction, pushing back on immunity claim
Read More

Prosecutors urge judge not to toss out Trump’s hush money conviction, pushing back on immunity claim

Prosecutors are urging a judge to uphold Donald Trump’s historic hush money conviction Prosecutors urge judge not to toss out Trump’s hush money conviction, pushing back on immunity claimBy MICHAEL R. SISAK and JENNIFER PELTZAssociated PressThe Associated PressNEW YORK NEW YORK (AP) — Prosecutors are urging a judge to uphold Donald Trump’s historic hush money