Elite Brisbane private girls’ school St Rita’s College embroiled in disgusting ‘smash or pass’ rating scandal after student photos were leaked to another school

Student identification photos of 13-year-olds from an exclusive private girls’ school have been leaked and placed online to be cruelly ranked on a ‘smash or pass’ choice of attractiveness. Parents of year 8 students from Brisbane’s St Rita’s College, where tuition fees start at over $11,000, were notified on Thursday by a letter from the
Elite Brisbane private girls’ school St Rita’s College embroiled in disgusting ‘smash or pass’ rating scandal after student photos were leaked to another school

Student identification photos of 13-year-olds from an exclusive private girls’ school have been leaked and placed online to be cruelly ranked on a ‘smash or pass’ choice of attractiveness.

Parents of year 8 students from Brisbane‘s St Rita’s College, where tuition fees start at over $11,000, were notified on Thursday by a letter from the school about the mortifying incident.

St Rita’s deputy principal Catherine Allen informed parents their daughters’ images had been ‘shared with another school’.

‘It has come to our attention that student identification photographs of the cohort have been shared with another school,’ the letter stated.

‘We have made contact with this school who are investigating this and will work to have this shared information removed.

‘I appreciate how upsetting this information will be to read.

‘Please know that we are working to ensure the safety and privacy of our students.

‘If you have any questions or further information you can share, please don’t hesitate to contact me.’ 

This letter was sent from the prestigious private girls school St Rita's College in Brisbane to all parents of year 8 girls

This letter was sent from the prestigious private girls school St Rita’s College in Brisbane to all parents of year 8 girls

The identification photos of all the St Rita's year 8 students were uploaded on TikTok to be cruelly ranked on attractiveness

The identification photos of all the St Rita’s year 8 students were uploaded on TikTok to be cruelly ranked on attractiveness

An unnamed parent told the Courier Mail his daughter had been told the photographs were used to ‘rate’ the students on TikTok.

It’s alleged a St Rita’s student was coerced by a friend at another school to send photographs which were then put online to be rated.

‘Something like this is indicative of a culture of misogyny,’ the father said.

‘I’m quite angry about it. I’m angry that this happened especially in this day and age. It’s degrading. If they’re doing that at 13 what are they going to be like as adults?

The school, where tuition fees start at over $11,000, said it was investigating the incident

The school, where tuition fees start at over $11,000, said it was investigating the incident

‘They had an assembly on Thursday, the students were spoken to and told the students to let the parents know but not anyone else.’

He said the incident was causing his daughter anxiety.   

St Rita’s College has been contacted for comment.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply
Related Posts
Probe launched for twisted horse killer after 16-year-old cob named Alfie died in ‘sickening’ assault
Read More

Probe launched for twisted horse killer after 16-year-old cob named Alfie died in ‘sickening’ assault

An investigation has been launched into a twisted horse killer who killed a 16-year-old cob named Alfie in a 'sickening' assault.  Alfie was found butchered in a property off Owday Lane, Carlton-in-Lindrick, Worksop in Nottinghamshire, at around 10.30am on Thursday.  The traditional tri-coloured cob was last seen alive at around 7pm on Wednesday before his owner
Wales and British Lions rugby star Mike Phillips is banned from the roads for being caught more than three times over the drink-drive limit after he hit fence and drove away
Read More

Wales and British Lions rugby star Mike Phillips is banned from the roads for being caught more than three times over the drink-drive limit after he hit fence and drove away

Former British Lions and Wales rugby star Mike Phillips has been banned from the roads after being caught more than three times over the legal drink-drive limit. The scrum half - the former boyfriend of pop singer Duffy - was banned from driving for two years after he pleaded guilty to drink-driving at Llandrindod Wells
Dutch Olympics team officials admit to ‘protecting child rapist’ as convicted paedophile beach volleyball player Steven van de Velde is allowed to skip post-match interviews – hours after being booed by spectators when playing his first match at Paris 2024
Read More

Dutch Olympics team officials admit to ‘protecting child rapist’ as convicted paedophile beach volleyball player Steven van de Velde is allowed to skip post-match interviews – hours after being booed by spectators when playing his first match at Paris 2024

The Dutch Olympic team has admitted to 'protecting a child rapist' after beach volleyball player Steven van de Velde was allowed to skip his post-match interviews. The 29-year-old was booed by the crowd as he took to the sand court at the Champs de Mars park under the Eiffel Tower for his debut match on Sunday.